Browzine - Now Available
Finding & Selecting Articles
To Find Articles through Miller Library:
• Use the Summon search box to search for your terms and limit results by Journal Articles.
• Select a database from All Databases A-Z or from Subject Guides
To Select a Database, Ask yourself:
• What are keywords that describe my topic?
• What type of information am I looking for?
• Will a news article from Time or Newsweek provide me with the information that I need?
• Will I need to find a more in depth article from a peer-reviewed journal?
• Am I looking for facts to support my claim?
Peer-Reviewed / Scholarly / Academic Journals
Called by a variety of names (peer-reviewed, refereed, scholarly, academic, etc.) these publications are targeted for an academic audience and sent through an editorial process by experts in the same subject area
Magazines and Trade Journals
Usually presented in glossy paper with lots of color and photographs or in multimedia websites, business magazines are written for a popular audience with a general knowledge of business. Trade journals are similar, but written for a specific region or industry.
Circulation Office on the 1st Floor